When and How Do I Use It?
Some general considerations for when and how to use Pirmella include the following:
- This contraceptive comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Each pack of Pirmella contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day, even if you are still having your period. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take Pirmella with or without food. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to take Pirmella every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the contraceptive to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing Information for Pirmella
It is important to take Pirmella exactly as directed. As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so. If you miss any pills, there are specific instructions that you must follow in order to avoid pregnancy.
(Click Pirmella Dosage for more information.)
Pirmella may react with several other medications (see Drug Interactions With Pirmella).
What If I Take an Overdose?
Women who take too much Pirmella may experience the following symptoms:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Vaginal bleeding
- Other menstrual irregularities.
(Click Ortho-Novum Overdose for more information.)