Natazia Warnings and Precautions
Before taking Natazia, tell your healthcare provider if you have certain health conditions, such as diabetes, migraines, or depression. Some of these conditions can be made worse by taking Natazia. Warnings and precautions with this birth control pill also extend to women who are taking certain medications and those with certain allergies.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Natazia® (dienogest/estradiol valerate) if you have:
- Had a blood clot or a clotting disorder
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Problems with your heart valves
- Heart rhythm problems (a heart arrhythmia), such as atrial fibrillation ("afib")
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Chest pain
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- Gallbladder disease
- High cholesterol
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Smoke cigarettes
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding.
You should also make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.