STD Home > General Instructions on Taking Zovia
General Information on Your Zovia DosageSome considerations for people using Zovia include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Zovia with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to take Zovia every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Each pack of Zovia contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away. You will probably start your period sometime during the last seven days of the pack.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Zovia dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.