STD Home > Veregen
Veregen is licensed for the treatment of external genital and perianal warts. This prescription medicine comes in the form of an ointment that is applied to the warts three times a day until the warts are gone. While most people who use this product do not experience problems with it, side effects are possible and may include pain, burning, or itching of the skin.
- This medication comes in the form of an ointment that is applied to the wart(s) three times a day.
- Apply the ointment until the warts are gone (up to 16 weeks).
- Wash your hands before and after applying Veregen.
- Wash the ointment off before having sex. Veregen can weaken condoms or diaphragms.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.