STD Home > How Trivora Works and Treatment Tips
- Trivora comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, every day, at the same time each day.
- Each pack of Trivora contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take it with food or on an empty stomach. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is very important to take Trivora every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.