STD Home > Important Info on Solia
When and How to Use SoliaSome general considerations for when and how to use Solia include the following:
- Solia comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take the medication with or without food. If Solia bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Solia contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you have finished a pack, start a new one right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is very important to take Solia every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.