STD Home > Side Effects of Solia
As with any medication, there are possible side effects of Solia. Some common side effects of this birth control pill include headaches, nausea, and a decreased sex drive. In most cases, the side effects are minor and can easily be treated. However, there are more serious side effects that can occur with Solia, such as chest pain, a sudden loss of vision, migraines, and depression.
An Introduction to Side Effects of SoliaSolia™ (desogestrel/ethinyl estradiol) is a birth control pill and is a generic version of Desogen®. As with any medicine, side effects are possible with Solia. However, not everyone who uses the contraceptive will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
Side Effects of Solia to ReportThere are a number of side effects with Solia that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Depression or other emotional changes
- Migraines (or changes in your migraines, if you have had them before)
- Breast lumps
- Signs of a blood clot in the leg, such as pain in the calf, leg cramps, and leg or foot swelling
- Signs of a blood clot in the lung, such as shortness of breath, sharp chest pain, or coughing up blood
- Chest pain or heaviness, which may be a sign of a heart attack
- Sudden loss of vision or vision changes, which can be a sign of a blood clot in the eye
- Signs of a stroke, such as vision or speech changes, weakness or numbness in an arm or leg, and a severe headache
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice), dark urine, and upper right abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Heavy vaginal bleeding between periods (light bleeding or spotting is normal)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing.