STD Home > Important Instructions for Saquinavir
When and How to Take SaquinavirGeneral considerations for when and how to take saquinavir include the following:
- The medication comes in the form of a capsule and a tablet. It is usually taken by mouth twice daily.
- Saquinavir should be taken with a meal or within two hours after a meal. It is always used along with ritonavir, and saquinavir and ritonavir should be taken at the same time.
- Try to take saquinavir at the same times every day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is very important that you closely follow your healthcare provider's instructions on taking saquinavir. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus developing a resistance to the medication, thereby making it less effective.
- Saquinavir 200 mg capsules
- Saquinavir 500 mg tablets.