STD Home > Pirmella
When and How Do I Use It?
- This contraceptive comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Each pack of Pirmella contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day, even if you are still having your period. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take Pirmella with or without food. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to take Pirmella every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the contraceptive to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing Information for Pirmella
What If I Take an Overdose?
- Nausea and vomiting
- Vaginal bleeding
- Other menstrual irregularities.