STD Home > Pirmella Dosage
The standard dose of Pirmella is one tablet a day. The first 21 tablets in each pack contain the active ingredients. Because the last 7 tablets do not contain any active ingredients, it gives your body a break from the hormones, allowing you to have a period. It's important to take the pill every day; taking Pirmella inconsistently increases your risk of pregnancy.
An Introduction to Your Pirmella Dosage
There is only one standard dose of Pirmella™ (norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol). As always, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so. Although the contraceptive is quite effective when taken as directed, not taking it correctly greatly increases the risk of pregnancy. If at any time you are unsure of how to take Pirmella, do not hesitate to call your healthcare provider or pharmacist for further instructions.
Pirmella comes in the following two strengths:
- Pirmella 1/35 -- 1 mg of norethindrone and 0.035 mg (35 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol per active tablet (in the first 21 tablets of each pack), followed by 7 inactive tablets that do not contain any hormones
- Pirmella 7/7/7 -- Contains 28 tablets in each pack, with the following different phases:
- Day 1 to 7 -- 0.5 mg norethindrone and 0.035 mg (35 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Day 8 to 14 -- 0.75 mg norethindrone and 0.035 mg (35 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Day 15 to 21 -- 1 mg of norethindrone and 0.035 mg (35 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Day 22 to 28 -- No active ingredients.