STD Home > Pimtrea Dosage
Some considerations to keep in mind while taking this drug include the following:
- Pimtrea comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take your dosage with food or on an empty stomach. If Pimtrea bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day. You will probably get your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods while taking Pimtrea. Keep taking the drug as normal.
- It is very important to take Pimtrea every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Pimtrea dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.