STD Home > Nordette
Nordette is a prescription birth control pill that contains two different hormones, progestin and estrogen. These hormones prevent pregnancy by stopping ovulation and changing the lining of the uterus and cervical mucus. Each pack of the medication contains 28 tablets that must be taken in order, at the same time each day. Potential side effects of this form of contraceptive include breakthrough bleeding, acne, and headaches.
- Altavera® (made by Sandoz)
- Kurvelo® (made by Lupin Pharmaceuticals)
- Levora® (made by Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Portia® (made by Barr Pharmaceuticals, Inc.)
- Levonorgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets USP, 0.15 mg/0.03 mg (made by Famy Care Limited for Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.).