STD Home > Understanding How Nordette Works and Treatment Tips
- Nordette comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is very important to take the medication every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- You can take Nordette with food or on an empty stomach. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.