STD Home > Taking Natazia Safely
Side Effects of NataziaJust like any medicine, Natazia may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses this contraceptive will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
- Breakthrough bleeding or spotting (between periods)
- Breast tenderness
Drug InteractionsNatazia can interact with a number of other medications (see Natazia Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Very high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Had a blood clot or a clotting disorder
- Chest pain
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Problems with your heart valves
- Heart rhythm problems (a heart arrhythmia), such as atrial fibrillation ("afib")
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use
- Gallbladder disease
- High cholesterol
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Smoke cigarettes
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Natazia and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Natazia and Breastfeeding).