STD Home > Important Info on Natazia
When and How to Use NataziaSome general considerations for when and how to use Natazia include the following:
- Natazia comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- It does not matter if you take this medication with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting (between periods) while taking birth control pills. Keep taking Natazia as normal, but consult your healthcare provider if the bleeding becomes bothersome or persistent.
- It is very important to take this birth control pill every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for nine days. If you are more than 12 hours late taking a pill or if you vomited or had diarrhea within four hours of taking a pill, it is considered a missed pill.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.