STD Home > Precautions and Warnings With Mono-Linyah
Who Should Not Use Mono-Linyah?You should not use Mono-Linyah if you:
- Are allergic to it, norgestimate, ethinyl estradiol, or any of the inactive components used to make the pill. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Have a history of breast cancer or endometrial cancer (cancer of the lining of the uterus).
- Have undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Have problems with your heart valves.
- Have diabetes that has affected your eyes, kidneys, or blood vessels.
- Have an upcoming major surgery that will require you to be immobilized for several days.
- Have a blood-clotting disorder that causes you to clot too easily, or have ever had a blood clot.
- Have heart disease.
- Have an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia) or heart valve problem that increases your risk for blood clots.
- Have had yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice) during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use.
- Have liver tumors or other forms of liver disease.
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.