STD Home > Modicon Side Effects
Some of the common side effects of birth control pills (such as Modicon) include bloating, nausea, and changes in sex drive. Although most Modicon side effects are typically minor and easily treated, serious side effects can occur. Notify your healthcare provider right away if you develop more serious side effects of Modicon, such as chest pain, vision changes, or breast lumps.
Side Effects of Modicon: An OverviewAs with any medicine, Modicon® (norethindrone/ethinyl estradiol) can cause side effects. However, not every woman who uses it will experience side effects. In fact, most women tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are easily treated by you or your healthcare provider. Many of the common side effects of Modicon may improve within the first few cycles of use.
Bothersome Modicon Side EffectsLimited information is available about the possible side effects of Modicon. In fact, the side effects listed in the prescribing information of Modicon are actually the possible side effects of birth control pills in general (not necessarily of Modicon in particular). Some of the common, bothersome (but not usually dangerous) side effects of birth control pills include:
- Headaches (although birth control pills can improve headaches in some women)
- Breakthrough bleeding and spotting between periods (this tends to go away with time)
- Changes in sex drive (typically a decrease in sex drive)
- Breast tenderness and other breast changes (such as swelling)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in your eyes that make it more difficult to wear contact lenses.