STD Home > Treatment Tips for Modicon
When and How to Use ItSome general considerations for when and how to use Modicon include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, at the same time each day.
- You can take Modicon with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you have finished a pack, start a new one right away, even if you are still having your period. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is very important that you take Modicon every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For Modicon to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.