STD Home > Minastrin 24 Fe Dosage
Some considerations to keep in mind while taking this oral contraceptive include the following:
- Minastrin 24 Fe comes in chewable tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- For the first 24 tablets, make sure to chew and swallow them, then drink a full glass of water. The last four tablets can be chewed or swallowed whole.
- It does not matter if you take Minastrin 24 Fe with food or on an empty stomach. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Minastrin 24 Fe contains 28 tablets. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day. You will probably start your period during the last four days of the pack.
- It is very important to take Minastrin 24 Fe every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing tablets increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any tablets. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For the contraceptive to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Minastrin 24 Fe dosage, please talk to your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.