STD Home > Taking Mifeprex Safely
Drug InteractionsMifeprex may react with several other medicines (see Mifeprex Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Problems with your adrenal glands
- An intrauterine device (IUD) in place
- A bleeding disorder
- Porphyria (an inherited disorder that affects the nervous system and skin)
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Lung disease
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Taking Mifeprex for an off-label reason and you are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Mifeprex and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Mifeprex and Breastfeeding)
- A heavy smoker (smoke 10 or more cigarettes a day).