STD Home > Medroxyprogesterone Overdose
Taking an overdose of medroxyprogesterone (Provera, Depo-Provera, depo-subQ Provera 104) is unlikely to cause serious problems. In fact, it's possible that no symptoms would occur in the case of a mild overdose. If symptoms do occur, they may include things like fatigue, headache, nausea, and vomiting. Treatment would likely involve supportive care, such as close monitoring of the kidneys and liver.
- Breast tenderness or pain
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
- Fatigue and drowsiness
- Vaginal bleeding
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes (jaundice)
- Irregular menstruation, such as spotting or heavier or lighter periods
- Decreased libido (sex drive).