STD Home > Taking Maraviroc Safely
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Maraviroc?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Heart disease or any other heart problems
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Selzentry and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Selzentry and Breastfeeding).
Dosing InformationThe dose of maraviroc that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.