STD Home > What You Need to Know About Loryna
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind when using Loryna include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Loryna with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 28 pills, which must be taken in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day. You will probably get your period during the last few days of the pack or during the first few days of the new pack.
- It is important that you take Loryna every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk for pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For this product to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Loryna will not work if you stop taking it.