STD Home > Who Should Not Take Loestrin?
Who Should Not Use Loestrin?You should not use Loestrin if you:
- Are allergic to Loestrin, norethindrone, ethinyl estradiol, or any inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Have a history of breast cancer or endometrial cancer (cancer of the lining of the uterus).
- Have undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding.
- Have a blood clotting disorder that causes you to clot too easily or have ever had a blood clot.
- Have heart disease.
- Have had yellow eyes or skin (jaundice) during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use.
- Have liver tumors
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.