STD Home > What You Need to Know About Kariva
When and How to Use KarivaSome general considerations for when and how to use Kariva include the following:
- Kariva comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take it with food or on an empty stomach. If Kariva bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack of Kariva contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is very important to take Kariva every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember (such as at bedtime or breakfast). If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.