STD Home > More Info on Jolivette
- Jolivette comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Missing Jolivette (or other progestin-only) pills or taking them late is more likely to result in pregnancy, compared with combined oral contraceptives. It is essential that you take them at exactly the same time every day.
- Each pack of Jolivette contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack right away.
- You may have your period early or late while taking Jolivette. Keep taking the pill either way; do not stop Jolivette during your period.
- You can take this medication with food or on an empty stomach. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills or take them even a few hours late. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms).
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.