STD Home > Instructions for Indinavir
- Indinavir comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth every eight hours (three times a day).
- Indinavir is best absorbed into the body when it is taken one hour before or two hours after a meal. If necessary, indinavir can be taken with skim milk, juice, coffee, tea, or a light meal (such as toast with jelly).
- It is important to stay hydrated while taking indinavir. You should drink at least six cups of water (48 ounces) or liquids every day.
- Try to take indinavir at the same time every day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is very important that you closely follow your healthcare provider's instructions about taking indinavir. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus developing resistance to indinavir (making it less effective).
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.