STD Home > Treatment Instructions for Generess Fe
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Generess Fe include the following:
- Generess Fe comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Chew and swallow the tablet at the same time each day, without water.
- It does not matter if you take Generess Fe with food or on an empty stomach. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new pack the next day, without letting any days pass in between packs. You will probably start your period during the last week of the pack.
- It is important to take Generess Fe every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.