STD Home > Common Reactions to Fosamprenavir
Common Side Effects of Fosamprenavir
Based on clinical studies, the most common side effects of fosamprenavir in adults (plus two or three other HIV medications) included:
- Diarrhea -- in up to 13 percent of people
- High triglycerides -- up to 11 percent
- Nausea -- up to 7 percent
- Vomiting -- up to 6 percent
- Fatigue -- up to 4 percent
- Headaches -- up to 4 percent
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain) -- up to 2 percent.
In children, vomiting was a common fosamprenavir side effect, occurring in up to 60 percent of children.
You may experience some or none of the side effects of fosamprenavir listed in this article. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell whether any particular side effect (such as nausea) is actually caused by fosamprenavir or other factors.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of fosamprenavir, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.