STD Home > General Information on Taking Falmina
General Information on Taking FalminaSome considerations to keep in mind while taking Falmina include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take Falmina with or without food. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking the pill with food.
- Each pack of Falmina contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day, without letting any days pass in between packs. You will probably get your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods while taking Falmina. Keep taking the drug as normal.
- It is important that you take Falmina every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For the contraceptive to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Falmina dosing in general, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.