STD Home > What You Need to Know About Taking Estrostep Fe
When and How to Use ItGeneral considerations for when and how to use Estrostep Fe include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, every day, and at the same time each day.
- Each pack of Estrostep Fe contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take Estrostep Fe with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to take Estrostep Fe every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Estrostep Fe will not work if you stop taking it.