STD Home > Discussing Emtricitabine With Your Healthcare Provider
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking emtricitabine if you have:
- Hepatitis B
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Neutropenia, or any other low blood count or blood disorder
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Emtriva and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Emtriva and Breastfeeding).
Dosing Information for EmtricitabineThe dose of emtricitabine your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Your weight (for children)
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.