STD Home > Elinest
When and How to Take ItSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Elinest include the following:
- Elinest comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, every day, and at the same time each day.
- It does not matter if you take the pills with food or on an empty stomach. If Elinest seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day, even if you are still having your period. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is important to take birth control pills every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the contraceptive to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.