STD Home > More Instructions for Dasetta
When and How Do I Take It?Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Dasetta include the following:
- The contraceptive comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Each pack of Dasetta contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day, even if you are still having your period. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take Dasetta with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to take Dasetta every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the contraceptive to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.