STD Home > Missed Camrese Pills and Treatment Tips
What If I Miss a Dose?It is important that you take Camrese every day and at the same time every day, even if you do not have sex very often. Missing pills increases the risk of pregnancy. What you should do if you miss pills depends on how many you have missed and when in the cycle they were missed. Some general instructions for missed Camrese dosages include the following:
- If you miss one of the first 84 pills (the light blue-green pills), take it as soon as you remember and take the next pill at your regular time, even if this means taking two pills at once. You do not need to use a backup method of contraception, as you will be adequately protected against pregnancy.
- If you miss two light blue-green pills in a row, take two pills on the day you remember and two pills the next day. This should get you back on your regular schedule. You must use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, if you have sex in the seven days after you restart the pills.
- If you miss three or more light blue-green pills in a row, skip the missed pills and continue with your usual schedule. You may become pregnant if you have sex during the days you missed pills or within seven days of restarting Camrese. Make sure to use a backup method of contraception for seven days after you have restarted the pills. If you do not get your period as usual, or if you have other reasons to suspect that you may be pregnant, contact your healthcare provider.
- If you miss any of the last seven pills (the yellow pills), throw away any of the pills you have missed and continue as usual. You do not need to use a backup method of contraception, as long as you start your next pack on schedule.
General Information on Using CamreseSome considerations to keep in mind while taking Camrese include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take a dose of Camrese with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 91 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one the next day. You will probably get your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is normal to experience breakthrough bleeding or spotting between periods while taking Camrese. Keep taking the medication as normal.
- It is important that you take Camrese every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing dosages increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for seven days.
- For the contraceptive to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Camrese, please talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.