STD Home > Taking Atazanavir Safely
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once daily.
- Atazanavir should be taken with food.
- Try to take your dose at the same time every day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is important that you closely follow your healthcare provider's instructions about taking atazanavir. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus developing resistance to the medication, thereby making it less effective.
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- Other HIV or AIDS medications you have already tried.
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
- Yellow skin (jaundice).