STD Home > Important Instructions for Amprenavir
When and How to Take AmprenavirGeneral considerations for when and how to take amprenavir include the following:
- The medication comes in the form of a capsule and an oral solution (liquid). It is usually taken by mouth two or three times daily.
- You can take amprenavir with or without food. However, you should not take amprenavir with a high-fat meal, as this will decrease the absorption of the drug from the digestive tract.
- Try to take amprenavir at the same times every day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is very important that you closely follow your healthcare provider's instructions on taking amprenavir. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus developing a resistance to the medication, thereby making it less effective.
- Amprenavir 50 mg capsules
- Amprenavir 15 mg per mL oral suspension (comes in one flavor -- grape-bubblegum-peppermint).