STD Home > Who Should Not Take Amethia Lo?
Who Should Not Take Amethia Lo?You should not use Amethia Lo if you:
- Are allergic to it, levonorgestrel, ethinyl estradiol, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive components.
- Are over the age of 35 and smoke cigarettes.
- Have diabetes that has affected your eyes, kidneys, or blood vessels.
- Are over the age of 35 and have migraines (with or without aura).
- Have a history of breast cancer or endometrial cancer (cancer of the lining of the uterus).
- Have a blood-clotting disorder that causes you to clot too easily, or if you have ever had a blood clot.
- Have heart disease.
- Have problems with your heart valves or heart rhythm that increase your risk for blood clots.
- Have liver tumors or liver disease.
- Are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.