When to Avoid Depo-Provera
Who Should Not Use Depo-Provera?You should not receive Depo-Provera injections if you:
- Are allergic to Depo-Provera, medroxyprogesterone, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Are pregnant or might be pregnant. Depo-Provera should also not be used to test for pregnancy.
- Currently have or have ever had a blood clot.
- Have had a stroke.
- Have breast cancer or have ever had breast cancer.
- Have liver disease.
- Have unexplained vaginal bleeding.