Dasetta Side Effects
Although many women tolerate Dasetta well, side effects can occur and may include nausea, bloating, and breast tenderness. If reactions occur, they are usually minor and treated easily. However, there are some serious problems, such as sharp chest pain, a severe headache, or sudden vision changes, which should be reported to your healthcare provider right away.
An Overview of Side Effects of DasettaJust like any medicine, Dasetta™ (norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the contraceptive will have problems. In fact, most women tolerate it quite well.
If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider. Many of the common side effects of Dasetta may improve within the first few cycles of use.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Dasetta. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Dasetta Side Effects to ReportSome side effects of Dasetta are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Signs of a blood clot in the leg, such as:
- Pain in the calf
- Leg cramps
- Leg or foot swelling
- Signs of a blood clot in the lung, such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Sharp chest pain
- Coughing up blood
- Signs of a stroke, such as:
- Vision or speech changes
- Weakness or numbness in an arm or leg
- Severe headache
- Chest pain or heaviness, which may be signs of a heart attack
- Sudden loss of vision or vision changes, which can be a sign of a blood clot in the eye
- Signs of liver damage, such as:
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Dark urine
- Upper-right abdominal (stomach) pain
- Depression or other emotional changes
- Migraines (or changes in your migraines, if you have had them before)
- Breast lumps
- Heavy vaginal bleeding between periods (although light bleeding or spotting is normal)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.
These serious side effects are not unique to Dasetta but can occur with most birth control pills.