What You Need to Know About Cyclafem
- Nausea and vomiting
- Vaginal bleeding
- Other menstrual irregularities.
(Click Ortho-Novum Overdose for more information.)
How Should Cyclafem Be Stored?Keep Cyclafem tablets in their original package. The packaging is designed to help you remember to take the tablets each day and in the correct order. Keep the package at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
What If I Miss a Dose of Cyclafem?Missing doses of Cyclafem increases the risk of pregnancy. What you should do depends on how many tablets you have missed and where exactly you are in your cycle (see Cyclafem Dosage). If you are not sure what to do, refer to the patient information that comes with each pack, or consult your healthcare provider.
- Cyclafem 1/35 -- 1 mg of norethindrone and 0.035 mg (35 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol per active tablet (in the first 21 tablets of each pack), followed by 7 inactive tablets that do not contain any hormones
- Cyclafem 7/7/7 -- Contains 28 tablets in each pack, with the following different phases:
- Day 1 to 7 -- 0.5 mg norethindrone and 0.035 mg (35 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Day 8 to 14 -- 0.75 mg norethindrone and 0.035 mg (35 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Day 15 to 21 -- 1 mg of norethindrone and 0.035 mg (35 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol per tablet
- Day 22 to 28 -- No active ingredients.