How Do I Take Cyclafem?
When and How Do I Use It?Some general considerations for when and how to use Cyclafem include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Each pack of Cyclafem contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away, even if you are still having your period. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take Cyclafem with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to take Cyclafem every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For Cyclafem to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing Information for CyclafemIt is important to take Cyclafem exactly as directed. As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so. If you miss any pills, there are specific instructions that you must follow in order to avoid pregnancy.
(Click Cyclafem Dosage for more information.)