How to Take Cyclafem Safely
General Information on Taking CyclafemSome considerations to keep in mind when using Cyclafem include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- Each pack of Cyclafem contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away, even if you are still having your period. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take each dose of Cyclafem with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is important to take Cyclafem every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception, such as condoms, for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Cyclafem dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.