Common Reactions to Caziant
Common Side Effects
Since it is difficult to obtain much information about side effects from studies that do not use a placebo, because there is no way of knowing if any particular problem is actually a side effect of the medication, only vague information is available about Caziant side effects.
In fact, the side effects listed in the prescribing information for Caziant are actually side effects of all birth control pills in general, not necessarily of Caziant in particular.
Some of the common bothersome -- but not usually dangerous -- side effects of birth control pills include:
- Breast tenderness other breast changes, such as swelling
- Headaches (although birth control pills can improve headaches in some women)
- Breakthrough bleeding and spotting between periods (especially for the first few cycles)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in your eyes that make it more difficult to wear contact lenses
- Changes in sex drive (often a decrease, rather than an increase).
You may experience some or none of the side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell whether any particular reaction, such as nausea, is caused by Caziant or other factors.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Caziant or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.