Discussing Caziant With Your Healthcare Provider
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using Caziant if you have:
- High cholesterol
- Gallbladder disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Migraines or other severe headaches
- Had a heart attack or stroke
- Had a blood clot or a clotting disorder
- Chest pain
- Problems with your heart valves
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin during a prior pregnancy or oral contraceptive use
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, hepatitis, or liver tumors
- Cancer (or if you have had cancer in the past)
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Smoke cigarettes
- Will be having surgery
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Cyclessa and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Cyclessa and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Warnings and Precautions With Caziant to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)