General Instructions for Caziant
General Information on Taking CaziantConsiderations to keep in mind when taking Caziant include the following:
- Caziant comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take a dose of Caziant with food or on an empty stomach. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Be sure to take them in order. Once you finish a pack, start a new one right away. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- It is very important that you take Caziant every day and at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that will be easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Caziant dosing in general, talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.