Drug Interactions With Camrese
Women who are taking Camrese should make sure their healthcare provider is aware of all other medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements they are taking. Negative interactions can occur when Camrese is combined with certain drugs, including certain seizure medications, St. John's wort, and protease inhibitors. Some of these reactions may decrease the effectiveness of the birth control pill, which can increase your risk of pregnancy.
An Introduction to Camrese InteractionsCamrese™ (levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol) may react with a number of other medications. Some of the drugs that can interact with Camrese include but are not limited to:
- Aminoglutethimide (Cytadren®)
- Aprepitant (Emend®)
- Atorvastatin (Lipitor®) or combination medications that contain atorvastatin (Caduet®, Liptruzet™)
- Barbiturates, such as:
- Amobarbital (Amytal®)
- Butalbital (Fioricet®, Fiorinal®)
- Pentobarbital (Nembutal®)
- Phenobarbital (Luminal®)
- Secobarbital (Seconal®)
- Certain seizure medications, such as:
- Selegiline (Eldepryl®, Emsam®, Zelapar®)
- St. John's wort
- Theophylline (Uniphyl®, Theocron®, TheoCap®, Theo-24®, Elixophyllin®).