Potential Side Effects of Briellyn
Common Side Effects
Some of the common, bothersome (but not usually dangerous) side effects of birth control pills include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in your eyes that make it more difficult to wear contact lenses
- Breast tenderness or other breast changes, such as swelling
- Headaches (birth control pills can improve headaches in some women)
- Breakthrough bleeding and spotting between periods
- Changes in sex drive (typically a decrease).
You may experience some or none of the Briellyn side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell whether any particular side effect (such as nausea) is caused by Briellyn or other factors.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking Briellyn, or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the contraceptive, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.