What's the Best Way to Take Briellyn?
Some general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with Briellyn include the following:
- Briellyn comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once a day, at the same time each day.
- Each pack contains 28 pills. Make sure to take them in order. Once you have finished a pack, start a new one right away, even if you are still having your period. You will probably start your period during the last seven days of the pack.
- You can take Briellyn with food or on an empty stomach. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It is very important to take Briellyn every day, at the same time each day. Try to pick a time that is easy to remember, such as at bedtime or breakfast. If you have trouble remembering, please talk with your healthcare provider, as missing pills increases your risk of pregnancy.
- Make sure you know exactly what to do if you miss any pills. In some circumstances, you may need to use a backup method of contraception (such as condoms) for a week.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Briellyn is made by Glenmark Generics and is a generic version of Ovcon 35 (see Generic Ovcon for more information).
Briellyn contains 0.4 mg norethindrone and 0.035 mg (35 mcg) of ethinyl estradiol per active tablet (in the first 21 tablets of each pack), followed by 7 inactive tablets, which do not contain any hormones.