What You Need to Know About Reactions to Aviane
Common Aviane Side Effects
Since it is difficult to obtain much information about side effects from studies that do not use a placebo, because there is no way of knowing if any particular problem is actually a side effect of the medication, only vague information is available about Aviane side effects. In fact, the side effects listed in the prescribing information for Aviane are actually side effects of all birth control pills in general. Some of the common bothersome (but not usually dangerous) side effects of birth control pills include but are not limited to:
- Breast tenderness and swelling
- Headaches (although birth control pills can improve headaches in some women)
- Acne (although birth control pills can also improve acne)
- Breakthrough bleeding and spotting between periods (especially for the first few cycles)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Changes in your eyes that make it more difficult to wear contact lenses
- Changes in sex drive (typically a decrease in sex drive).
Women are often concerned about weight gain due to birth control pills, but recent research suggests that birth control pills probably do not cause weight gain for most women (see Alesse and Weight Gain).